|With original "Egyptian" black and gold marble top over octagonal center pedestal retaining the original center bolt, on boldly stepped and richly patterned crotch grain mahogany veneered base. Tulip poplar secondary wood. Circa 1830. Height 29", Diameter 43-1/2"
Provenance: From St. Augustine's Roman Catholic Church on 4th Street, Philadelphia.The table predates the burning of the church by the Know-Nothing Party in 1844.