Specializing in English oak and country furniture, botanical engravings, English Folk Art and English pottery, especially Lustreware.
King-Thomasson Antiques was established in Houston, Texas in 1976, a shop specialising in English Country Furniture and Accessories of the 17th,18th, and 19th centuries. It is now the only shop in the country with this speciality. English Country Furniture means furniture made from the native woods of England, like oak, ash, elm, walnut, beech, and yew; and made by country craftsmen in rural areas. Classic examples are Welsh dressers, Windsor chairs, and cricket tables. It excludes the more formal furniture made from mahogany and other expensive imported woods.
King-Thomasson also handles early English ceramics, Natural History engravings and Folk Art.
King-Thomasson moved to Asheville, North Carolina in 1993.
Owned and operated by Judy King Watson and Ben Watson, King-Thomasson exhibits at the following shows annually:
* Washington Antiques Show (January)
* The Bedford Antiques Show, NY (April)
* The Southport Westport Antiques Show (April)
* Litchfield Antiques Show (May)
* The Nantucket Historical Association Antique Show (August)
* The Theta Charities Antiques Show, Houston TX (September)
* The Cleveland Historical Society Antiques Show (September)